Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
We’re looking for Technical Product Manager to help define and deliver Avalanche, Actian’s hybrid data platform and its various services. Specifically, this role is responsible for driving detailed requirements for Avalanche platform and services, including being the “voice of the user” from a hands-on perspective, and being a product “single source of truth” to end users and practitioners.
Actian is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive benefits packages. Join our dynamic culture and team of enthusiastic, bright minds and be part of an environment where you can innovate and collaborate in a context that has lasting, transformative impact in the worlds of data management, integration and analytics.
- Engage with customers, partners, end users and our field teams (presales, support, services, cloud ops, alliances) to understand their needs at a hands-on level, and distill that understanding into actionable detailed requirements for R&D. This includes
- Authoring detailed requirements for new functionality;
- Reviewing incoming enhancement requests from customers and our field teams;
- Participating in R&D’s agile development processes (sprint planning and standups, design reviews, backlog grooming, etc);
- Providing input and feedback to the user experience design process;
- Reviewing product functionality as it is being developed to ensure alignment with end user needs.
- Participate in analysis of competitive and complementary vendors’ products at a hands-on level, such as evaluating their free trials, conducting integration POCs, meeting with the vendor and their partner and customer end-users, and make recommendations to Product and R&D leadership based on your findings.
- Deliver the technical aspects of product launch and GTM activities, including
- Authoring content for presales trial, demo and POC scenarios;
- Authoring and enabling our field practitioners on implementation best practices; authoring and delivering technical enablement content;
- Authoring technical blogs, white papers, and other technical marketing assets; and
- Engaging with customers for beta, early access and other early adoption activities.
- Assist with customer advocacy initiatives, including regular interaction with strategic accounts’ end users to gather feedback and ensure their success, and supporting large-account sales and services activities.
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a hands-on product development, presales, support, services and/or technical product management for at least one of data analytics, databases, and/or data management products.
- Demonstrable track record of engaging with, and ensuring success of, customers and partners.
- Experience with SaaS and/or cloud-native products.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent presentation skills.
- Confident, high energy, self-motivated and a true team player.
- Experience working cross-functionally, including senior leadership, as well as customer end-user and buyer personas.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work and excel in fast-paced data-driven environment.
- Experience working with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational experience in information technology, data management, or a related field.
- Employee focused culture that listens and invests in our people
- Competitive benefits (Medical, Dental, Pet, Parental Leave & Wellbeing Services)
- 401K matching and Corporate Bonus Incentives
- Flex-vacation program and remote work policy
- Career development planning and professional development
- Company Social Responsibility (CSR) matching program
- Friendly and Fun workplace
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. Found this job inappropriate? Report to us