Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
At Actian we believe data should be used as a competitive advantage. Through the deployment of remarkable data technology, underpinned by a relentless and trusted service commitment, we help business critical systems transact and integrate at their very best. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide.
We are looking for an Actian Avalanche Senior Support Engineer to provide prompt, courteous and in-depth service and support to our Avalanche customers and partners. We are looking for you to provide top-of-the-line customer service by demonstrating a high level of service aptitude, product knowledge and customer responsiveness. You will thrive in an environment that expects you to take initiative, find solutions and demonstrate your high level of expertise each day.
- Provide customer support via phone and email to Avalanche Cloud Data Platform users.
- Use Salesforce Service Cloud Reporting Portal to manage support cases, perform issue investigation of customer problems, answer customer questions, offer solutions to problems, monitor and answer community forum questions.
- Respond to front line and escalated support calls of a complex nature and work independently toward resolution of customer problems.
- Install, configure, test, and troubleshoot software or applications that may be necessary to reproduce or analyze the customer’s environment or problems.
- Research and investigate product defects using traces, logs, and other software tools.
- Help to set-up problem recreation environments and standards to support the organization.
- Identify where problems occur within Actian products and recommend solution or area of defect to Software Engineers or management.
- Work with Support Engineers, Senior Support Engineers, Principal Support Engineers, Team Leads and Software Engineers to expedite resolution of customer issues.
- Troubleshoot data integration projects from Customers and our internal departments (Sustaining Engineering, Pre-sales)
- Work with customers to verify fixes supplied have resolved their problems.
- Escalate customer issues to Software Engineering, or support management as necessary.
- Coach/Mentor less-experienced technical support personnel.
- Review backlogs of less-experienced Support Engineers and help as needed
- Identify training needs within support organization and proactively create and deliver training sessions to address these requirements.
- Provided 24X7 and Follow-the-Sun support.
- Provide Knowledge Documents and How-To Documents to support our technology.
- Provide web content via newsletter, Technical Documents, and How-to documents.
- Demonstrate effective implementation of Actian's Core Competencies.
- Strong proven troubleshooting and customer service skills with 5-7 years of technical support experience as a Support Engineer/Senior Support Engineer, supporting mission critical software.
- Strong customer communication skills; must be proficient in English (written and verbal) to be able to communicate comfortably with customers globally
- Strong customer service mindset, including attitude, ethics, and approach
- Excellent analytic, debugging and proven troubleshooting skills
- Can quickly grasp and self-learn new technologies
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under own initiative – self-motivated
- Experience with Cloud platform technologies; AWS, Azure or Google ecosystems
- Database Administration. It is imperative for this role that the successful candidate have experience and administration skills with a minimum of two of the following database types:
- Relational technologies such as: Ingres, Vector, Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, PostgreSQL
- Analytics technologies such as: Snowflake, Teradata, Vertica, Neteeza
- Operating Systems Management experience on the following primary operating Systems; MS Windows and Linux. It would also be beneficial and an advantage if the candidate has managed some of the following Operating Systems; HP UX, Solaris, AIX and UNIX.
- Good understanding of query profiles and execution plans to analyze performance problems and make recommendations
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) and procedural extension languages such as; PL/SQL, SQL/PSM. This is a key requirement.
- Programming Language experience with 3GL/4GL Programming Languages such as; MS .NET, JSON, Java, C’ and C++.
- Experience troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of technologies, i.e. ODBC, JDBC, Spark, JSON, etc.
- Experience in BI/ETL technologies; Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, Qlik, etc.
- Proficiency in Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts
- Experience working with big data and/or MPP databases
- Experience with Salesforce and Jira a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. Found this job inappropriate? Report to us