Corporate Development - FinTech Major
Role Summary :
- The Corporate Development team is responsible for helping shape the company's strategy by identifying industry trends, maintaining relationships with investors, alliances, as well as sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing strategic acquisitions/investments .
- The team maintains dialogue with the investors and helps them gain confidence and understand actions corporate executives are taking to help optimize value within current products and service lines as well as establishing synergies and value chains with the transaction pipeline .
Key Result Areas:
- Support the company's strategy through identification, assessment and execution of potential mergers, acquisitions, investments and joint ventures as well as divestitures by the company
- Maintain a dialogue and information flow with Investors and lead financial investments designed to drive Investment Management/Fintech innovation.
- Establish and lead a robust and comprehensive process to identify and evaluate potential opportunities, which includes a rigorous idea generation and screening process that will bring quality acquisition and merger ideas to the Leadership team
- Collaborate with the Strategy team and the Senior Business Unit Leaders to think about corporate development opportunities in a progressive, systematic and routine fashion.
- Provide transaction and financial analysis support to the leadership team, particularly the CFO
- Build relationships with each business unit to keep an ongoing flow of ideas that is aligned with the business units- objectives.
- Maintain engagement and deal/investment relationships with Investment Banking firms.
- Partner with business leaders before, during and after the M&A processes, to ensure the deals make strategic sense, fit with the forward-looking business plans, and are integrated smoothly and fully optimized
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing acquisition business case analyses and executing and interfacing with finance, accounting, legal, HR and other functions of the company to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Evaluate and execute other strategic initiatives such as joint ventures, divestitures, licensing and partnership activities
- Manage key deliverable including creating analyses, overseeing execution and identifying next steps in process flow
- In depth-knowledge of the FinTech and Financial Services Eco-System in India
- Demonstrated Expertise in Financial and operational modeling and comfort working with and presenting data - ability to layout models in Excel to show ROI, financial implications, etc.
- Ability to quickly define and size markets and evaluate strategic revenue and partnership opportunities
- Creative and robust analyses by combining cost analysis, demand analysis, scale curve and other techniques as needed
- Thorough experience in research - creative approaches to data gathering required
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners
- Exceptional Networking and Interpersonal skills to maintain dialogue and partnership with investors, leadership team, business unit head and key partners
- Premium B School, with at least 8 years of relevant experience