Finance Operations Leader
To manage financial control processes, implementing financial control strategy, driving an appropriate control and compliance environment, and overseeing the production of financial management information.
Key Role & Responsibilities :
- Production of financial management information within a particular market, including group, regional and statutory reporting.
- Responsive during period end close in providing judgements, making decisions, reviewing/approving the financial statements in accordance with the pre-agreed reporting timetable.
- Accountable for the balance sheet and consolidated financial statements for the organization.
- Finalize the local statutory accounts & tax submissions.
- Be the technical champion for all accounting & regulatory issues by identifying/assessing their impact on the business & advising the relevant parties of any process changes.
- Embed local accounting and financial controls and monitor compliance where appropriate, i.e., to ensure that organization accounting policies are correctly applied.
- Manage internal / external audit relationship and all regulatory compliance and agreeing any improvement initiatives and implementation timelines.
- Co-ordinate statutory, group and internal audit teams.
- Exception resolution.
- Efficient transaction processing - PO & non-PO Based invoice processing; T&E processing.
- Oversee the invoice processing activities and ensure timely and accurate invoice processing.
- Review the invoice processing metrics, performance level and standards and take corrective action, wherever needed.
- Ensure punctual and correct payments without the need for late payment fees, charges or interest.
- Accounting policy creation & management.
- Compliance controller.
- Revenue Recognition.
- End to end asset controllership.
- Management of asset tracking and reporting systems.
- Review and approval of asset transactions viz. creation, modification, movement, retirement or Impairment.
- Asset reconciliation.
- Ensure adherences to policies & upholds a robust control environment by reviewing control KPIs, agreeing remediation actions & driving any change required in local behaviors to implement local process changes.
- Be primary point of contact for the Team Leads; support, as necessary, in terms of mgt. of the relationships, escalation/resolution of issues requiring senior intervention, and adherence to SLAs.
- Drive continuous improvement / change programs throughout their implementation to achieve organization benefits.
- Manage the Financial Control team to ensure that they perform their responsibilities to a high standard with personal objectives & development plans aligned to the organizational vision and values.
- Build capabilities, tools and skills within Financial Control to increase efficiency and the value add of the Financial Control team.
- Encourage and promote a culture of creativity, discipline and people connect.
- Provide clear leadership and promote and foster a team culture consistent with the organization's values.
- Create an environment that encourages employee motivation & retention, high levels of employee engagement and ensures employee satisfaction.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and undertake continuous improvement projects.
- Ensure zero 'Compliance' and 'Financial' defect in vendor payments consistently.
An incumbent should be qualified CA with 14 to 16 years of experience in leading finance processes, preferably in the manufacturing / chemical industry with diverse stakeholder communities with at least 5 years as a financial controller or external auditor.