Our environment is like working in a very fast-paced startup with the backing of a large global company. Were looking for people who want to disrupt an industry, solve problems, and make technological history.
When you join us, you will
- Take end-to-end ownership – Within a product area, the teams will own end-to-end delivery of solutions. The teams will be entrusted with responsibility and ownership for the delivery of products. They will also support the local teams in each country in integrating new digital assets with existing systems
- Challenge yourself –Products built in Bangalore will be deployed across our network of convenience stores, supporting over a billion transactions per year. If you are up for a challenge like never before, step forward.
- Build solutions for scale – 7?Eleven is a brand that’s recognized worldwide. We have over 70,000 stores in over 17 countries. The product team will build digital solutions to be deployed at scale, supporting our business operations spread across the globe.
- Move around and grow - Cross-functional laearning is not just allowed at 7?Eleven; it’s applauded. We’ve got the size, stability, and resources that make it possible for employees to find rewarding careers
- To lead, we serve - 7?Eleven has always been about serving the needs of our customers. This philosophy also extends the 7-Eleven team.
Build a global platform ‘Retail-in-a-Box’ for our chain of convenience stores
The team in Bangalore will build a global-ready retail plug and play retail platform that can be deployed in any 7-Eleven store in the world. As part of the team, you will develop core capabilities for the store, back-office, and digital and customize based on local needs in countries like Mexico, China, etc.
Accelerate SEI digital and technology transformation journey
The team in Bangalore will build and scale solutions for a 12000+ store network in the US and Canada. As part of the team, you will contribute to our global transformation journey in building new capabilities in cybersecurity, networking, store systems and digital.
The job of a Full Stack Engineer at 7-Eleven Global Center comes with a lot of responsibility – and lots of fun.
You’re looking for a role where you can drive decisions, be challenged, and build products ground-up. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people, who share a passion for technology and commerce. Your responsibilities at the center include:
- Design, develop, test and maintain small to medium code modules.
- Adhere and excel in engineering processes including code reviews, test automation and documentation.
- Effectively communicate with other engineer and tech leads and clearly articulate problem statements and solutions.
- Candidate should be self-driven, proactive (someone that can take an initiative and drive to get tasks and does not need daily directions) and should act with urgency
Thriving on autonomy and trust, you’re a team player and an innovator who enjoys the challenge of solving problems. And your skills include:
- 5+ years of experience building complex web applications
- 3+ years of experience coding robust and secure Rest API's in Node.js, JSON
- 3+ years of experience working with PostGreSQL (or SQL Server) designing schemas and writing optimized queries
- 2+ years of experience developing in React.js and Redux.
- Solid understanding of microservices and event driven architecture
- Deep knowledge to create standards-compliant, cross-browser, mobile compatible front-end code with responsive design
- Deep knowledge of server-side and front-end performance optimization
- Experience with automated unit, integration and end-to-end testing
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment using templates
- Experience with Azure infrastructure (API Gateway, AKS, Service Bus, Event Hub )
- Strong design skills a huge plus
- Should be a self-starter who is excited to relentlessly solve many technical challenges
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Should manage own time and work well both independently and as part of a team.