- 10+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- 7+ years of technical program management experience
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
- 10+ years of Software Development experience;
- Technology background, especially in a service-oriented environment with a deep understanding of software development and e-commerce products.
- Deep understanding of project and program management with 7-10 yrs of experience in a fast paced environment taking a product through its complete lifecycle using Agile methodologies and delivering highly scalable and robust systems.
- Proven track record of leading large cross-functional software projects.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time be able to guide a team toward an objective.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners for the program
- Strong judgment, especially relevant in balancing long term strategic investments with near term business goals.
- Able to provide architectural guidance and direction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
- Experience with e-commerce platforms, merchants or logistics
Our 3 year vision is to be the largest online ultrafast grocery store in India. Amit Agarwal, SVP India recently made the statement in all the leading dailies “If you ask me the next five years of vision - from your avocados to your potatoes, and your meat to your ice cream - we'll deliver everything to you in two hours. Probably in the next five years groceries and consumables would be more than half of our business".
Are you an experienced and accomplished technical program / project manager excited by the challenge of building and scaling new businesses? Are you passionate about solving the grocery supply chain in India? Do you love to ship software early and often? If so, this may be the team for you. We are a new team building net new technology to solve for the grocery supply chain in India.
A Principal Technical Program Manager position in Amazon is a role reserved for the few outstanding technical leaders with exceptional accomplishments in program and project management. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives, building and launching net new products that will shape how Grocery Shopping experience in India will evolve, and being hands-on involved in the delivery of these large program initiatives, this may be the next big career move for you. This Principal TPM will lead across multiple large programs as well as new seeds we are investing in Grocery and Consumables.
As a Principal Technical Program Manager on the team:
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
- You will have end to end ownership of cross-functional programs, including product definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and project execution.
- Along with business initiatives, you will also lead the definition and execution of strategic projects aimed at reducing the total cost and time to market for launch.
- You will work closely with business and operations leadership, including executive leadership at Amazon, to define the product and provide updates on the program.
- At the heart of this role is delivery. You will be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
- You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
- You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
- You will work closely with the development teams and play a leadership role in product architecture and design.
- MBA or Advanced degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with large scale distributed systems and service oriented architecture.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.