- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Supply Chain Management, IT, Business Administration or 3+ years of Amazon experience in related fields.
- 3+ years of experience procurement, sourcing or vendor management
- Proficient in oral & written business communication
- Expertise in using financial systems (COUPA, ORACLE) in large organizations
- Advanced analytical skills to analyze data including Excel, Access, SQL or other data management systems
- Previous sourcing projects and strategies experience
- Proven experience in Project Management and Process Improvement
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. For the Technology Sourcing and Infrastructure (TSI) procurement team, our ITS and fellow Amazonians are our customers and we enable them to work hard, have fun, and make history by providing them Standard IT and non-STD hardware equipment’s they need to conduct the business.
We are seeking a Procurement and Sourcing SME at Bangalore to be a key contributor to the future procurement roadmap and long-term vision of ITS (IT Services) organization team. You exemplify customer obsession, ownership and frugality; qualities, you will ensure the ITS operation manages spend effectively, without compromising the quality of the service provided to our customers, or the capability of the procurement operation.
As an ITS Procurement SME, you will own the region’s procurement operation responsibilities for hardware, software and potentially CIB (Corporate Infrastructure Buildout) assessments. This effort includes sourcing, forecasting, purchase order creation, order management and monitoring. You will also lead supplier management KPIs and metrics reporting and will develop business relationship with regional stakeholders. You will generate sourcing opportunities with new local vendors and VARs (value added re-sellers) to support Amazon’s continuous demand and growth.
You will align with the procurement regional leadership to drive efficiencies and improvements projects in the region. Your main customers will be the IT Support offices.
Key job responsibilities
- Focus on the accurate, expedient execution of procurement processes, necessary to supply goods and services to keep the ITS operations going
- Supports procurement specialist in preparing and maintaining all appropriate/required documentation related to Procure to Pay, ensuring compliance with established internal approvals are obtained
- Develop operational metrics that measure overall performance driving continuous improvement and exception management
- Weekly overall monitoring of the team’s performance/activities, putting in place an immediate action any time is needed
- Manage to transact up to +100 Purchase Requisitions (PRs) per month
- Onboard new vendors and negotiate strategically to bring new IT business opportunities
- Support HW sourcing and spend optimization for India/APAC
- Implement process improvement and best practices to continually scale our processes, tools and systems
- Use data to identify and resolve issues through and anecdotal input from stakeholders
- Support regional VAR vendor management in India/APAC
- Identify and rapidly implement solutions to issues affecting our customers or the procurement process
- Negotiate local/regional IT contracts and support TSI cost out efforts
- Develop deep knowledge of the ITS inventory items and align with other regions to drive best practices
- Develop relationship across the regions and network
- Support in regional launches and change projects
- Deep dive and investigate complex procurement problems and work through solutions.
- Create reports to analyze and report complex data sets to drive optimal procurement decisions
A day in the life
Found this job inappropriate? Report to us
- Uses professional concepts learned through experience or other formal training to identify problems and initiate solution
- Expected to understand the business needs within a large number of business groups. For those groups, is able to validate the requirements are valid and justified
- Will regularly identify, discuss and bring forward issues or ideas to senior leader
- Addresses a variety of problems, questions, or situations taking into consideration established criteria to determine outcome
- Provides responsive, high quality service to customers, representatives of outside agencies and any other stakeholders by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner
- Manage strategic improvement projects and implement operations changes that impact multiple business areas and stakeholders. Help develop long-term Procure to Pay strategies and significantly influences the cross-company project development and delivery processes and standards
- Keys to success in this role include sound judgment and excellent written/verbal communication skills. The candidate should be able to extract insights from data and be able to communicate clearly appropriate triggers and actions
- Previous experience independently managing suppliers / vendors, including the design and execution of pricing negotiations
- Lean / Six-Sigma knowledge
- Accounts Payable and Invoicing experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to interpret financial data and apply decision making