Assist in requirement design and validation. Validate software products through the use of systematic
tests to develop, apply and maintain quality standards for company products. Develops and executes
software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test
results to assist in validation and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing
functionality and recommends corrective action. Ability to lead automation efforts and ability to make
automation framework decisions. Executes and provides feedback to engineers, architects, and product
management on performance, load and stress tests that determine platform and application capabilities of
the end-to-end system. Interacts with Vendors, Customers, and internal Sales and Support organizations.
- Involved in the design of product and project requirements. Identify test approaches, coverage,
requirement gaps and risks. Ensures quality measures are included in the initial project design.
- Writes detailed test strategies and plans, making full use of different test estimation techniques in
assessing best balance of coverage and efficiency for a project. Contributes directly to project
- Writes detailed test scripts to test the functionality of the proposed system. Performs risk analysis
on the various components of the system to determine how to use testing resources most
- Ensures requirements traceability in the team and identifies areas for improvement.
- Preparation and management of complex test environments and test data conditions.
- Focuses on solution oriented approach and identifies complete end to end testing needs involving
multiple parts of a product and system.
- Manages the validation test phase including executing scripts, monitoring testers, logging and
tracking problems found, and regression testing any changes made to the system.
- Able to design and manage automated test approach for projects and ensure that manual tests
are automated using suitable tools and framework for the product.
- Reviews and approves the Integration Test Plan and Procedures produced by the product Quality
Solution Expert/QE Lead. Validates the completion of Integrated Testing. Consults with
development engineers in resolution of problems and suggest functional solutions.
- Develops technical training for ACI staff and customers.
- Develops, executes and analyzes the output from scripts that capture application and platform
- Provides Performance and Architecture support and guidance to product teams.
- Provides the Sales organization sizing support for potential customers requesting ACI products
on ACI supported hardware platforms.
- Troubleshoots errors found in the test environment with minimal help from Development teams.
- Configures complex software solutions by following user guides and manuals instead of waiting to
get helped by experts.
- Analyzes defects functionally and technically before assigning them to Development teams
- Supports project managers and other stakeholders to complete projects within schedule, without
- Raises quality issues to right levels of management using established channels of escalation.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Understand and adhere to all corporate policies to include but not limited to the ACI Code of
Business Conduct and Ethics.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for the job:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience in software
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience needed for the job:
- 5+ years Quality Assurance and/or systems testing experience is required.
- Experience in working with Test Management and Defect Management Tools.
- 3+ years Test automation experience.
- Understanding and experience with platform and operating system architecture.
- Relevant software quality certification preferred.
- Standard work environment
- Majority of time spent on PC (Phys. Req.)
- Travel required, may be domestic or international